Controlling of lights in the office or factory from home by using Zigbee
Zigbee wireless lighting control system, includes Zigbee gateway, Zigbee high bay, and smart phone at least. Owning these three “devices”, we can realize a local lighting control.
1. The gateway must be powered on, when power on the gateway will emit a Zigbee wireless network signal similarly with a WIFI hot-spot.
2. Connect the network of smart phone to Zigbee wireless hot-spot, to build the communication with gateway.
3. Then we can use the lighting control APP in smart phone to control the high bay turn on/off, or dim.
4. Lighting control instruction will be sent from smart phone APP, passed to gateway, then given to high bay, who will execute the instruction, turn on/off, dim or others.
Above is called Local Lighting Control or Field Lighting Control, because the three devices must be in the communication covering distance (maybe 200m). In fact, adding some device, we can realize a Long-Distance Lighting Control. That is wireless router.
1. Make sure the router connects well to Internet, use smart phone APP to make a network (Zigbee hot-spot with WIFI signal from wireless router) binding setting.
2. Then we can use the APP to control the high bay from anywhere, yes from anywhere, using 2G/3G/4G/WIFI or others wireless networks which connect well to Internet.
3. Similarly, the lighting control instruction will be sent from smart phone APP, passed into Internet, received by wireless router, then passed to gateway, then given to high bay who will execute.
It means, you can control the lights in your office or factory from home or any other places in the world, only need a smart phone connects well to Internet.